Monday, November 21, 2011

My First Attempt

I don't claim to be a writer.  Let's get that straight before we even begin.  I very much envy those that possess literary talent. But this blog isn't so much about any profound thoughts that I have, it is merely an opportunity for me to share my adventures of living in far-off places, experiencing the amazing, the bizarre, the spectacular scenery, the GIFT of being a Travelin' G.R.I.T.S. (Girl Raised In The South).


I am a proud Army Strong wife. I am deeply devoted to my husband and his call to serve our great nation. Through his almost 20 years in the US Army, we have had incredible experiences living across the United States, and in 4 overseas postings. Each place having both positive and negative impact on all members of our family, but in the long run, our lives have been greatly changed because of our experiences.

For now, this blog will be photos and explanations of our most recent assignment in Rabat, Morocco. We were assigned to the American Embassy there, and have just returned to the States after 3 years. Three years of eye-popping photo opportunities, many of which I didn't even capture! But as I relive our time there through this blog, I take great pleasure in sharing my photographs with you.

So without further ado, lets get on with the Travelin' GRITS (Girl Raised In The South).

1 comment:

Check out these posts too!