Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Mother's Love

A lot has happened to us in the last year, but this day is particularly difficult as I reminisce of all the events of this day one year ago...

For it was on this day that my only precious daughter shed tears of excruciating pain when her broken arm had to be reset during a surgical procedure.  As she lay in the recovery room, her dad and I watched her sweet face go from relaxed comfort to contorted discomfort as the anesthesia wore off, and her drug induced sleep became a cruel reality.

We felt helpless, as we watched the quiet tears roll down her cheeks.  It's one of the hardest things ever to watch your child suffer and not be able to take the pain away.  So, I sat beside her, loving her as only a mother can, speaking to her softly, silently praying that God would take her pain away, and wiping away her tears. 

Little did I know, at the very moment I was being led to love and comfort her, my own mother, who taught me how to love, who taught me to look to God in all things, was being led to her home in Heaven.  Of course, I was overwhelmed with sadness and grief, but I was also overwhelmed with a sense of peace and comfort.  For I was right where I needed to be, passing on the legacy of a Mother's Love to my own daughter!  I pray that she will someday love her own children in this way, patiently, willingly, committed to being everything God intends a Mother to be.

"All I am I owe to my Mother" - George Washington

1 comment:

  1. What a touching tribute to your mom. I can tell by reading the heart felt post that you are a wonderful mom too.

    -Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Check out these posts too!